Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mastering your Bookmarks with Firefox 3

I read an interesting article today that I thought I would pass along. It is entitled "Five Ways to Master Bookmarks in Firefox 3" and is on the CNET Web site. I recommend you read it if you use Firefox, and maybe even if you don't as you might find yourself changing browsers. There are some things in the article that I was not aware of. Did you know, for instance that you can click on the star at the far right of the address bar to create an instant bookmark? Pretty cool.

By the way, Mozilla's attempt to set a new Guinness record for the most downloads in a 24 hour period produced almost 8.5 million downloads of the new browser on the day of its release a week ago. It is a record, mainly because there was no record in that category before. So Mozilla set the bar.

And speaking of new browsers, Opera is now out with their latest version, 9.5. It is a very good browser and would be my choice if there wasn't a Firefox. I like many if its features. Both browsers are definitely better than Microsoft's Internet Explorer, and far more secure. Check out the latest version at www.opera.com.

FYI - new blogs will be fewer in number for a while as I have started the Art Show Season. But, as always, I will try. My first show was a tremendous success, which surprised me given the state of our economy and gas prices.

No comments: