Monday, June 05, 2006

Big Changes in My Professional Life

(Warning...the following is a shameless self promotion)

Surprise...I am opening a new photo studio and art gallery here in Ephrata. My business has expanded enough that the change was necessary. It has all come together very quickly as a good opportunity presented itself unexpectedly and I went for it.

My new place is located at 256 Basin St NW, next door to the Gourmet Kitchen Store and across the street from the Bamboo Shoot Chinese Restaurant and the Country Deli. I like the location and the park-like setting in front of the store...and I have a great landlord, Ed Forester.

There are two distinct aspects to my business. First, my photo studio is headquarters for my professional photography business which includes wedding and event photography, portraits, and commercial photography. It is also where I create my new digitial paintings for display (and sale) in art galleries and, of course, at art shows around the west coast.

The second part of the business is an art gallery. Here, I will not only display some of my own works, but also quality artworks of other reknown artists from around the country. In my travels, I have met and become friends with many great artists. I have spoken with several of the them and all have agreed to show their works in my gallery.

I plan to run the gallery (however small it may currently be) the same way other quality art galleries are run...by picking and choosing the works to be displayed and changing them out on a regular basis. There will be specific themes selected for each display as well as a featured artist. I am excited about all this and have big plans to help make it a sucess. I want this gallery to be a nice addition to the expanding cultural scene that is unfolding in our area.

When does all this take place? Actually, I have already moved in. All my photographic, printing, and production equipment is mostly in place, although I have as yet done nothing about the gallery. Balancing my current art show schedule with my studio/gallery hours will be tricky for a while, but I will be open on a regular basis, depending on my travel schedule. I will post my hours every week.

Next weekend is Ephrata's Sage 'n Sun event. While I will be gone on Thursday and Friday for our daughter Aimee's college graduation, I will return early Saturday morning and set up a tent in front of my studio/gallery in time for the big event. This will be my announcement to the folks here in the area that I am open for business. I hope you will stop by and say hello.

No comments: