Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Speed up Your Boot Time with Soluto.

Trust me when I say this program (or one like it) is way overdue. I am just glad it is here now and works like a dream. Let me start at the beginning. Soluto is a new FREE program, still technically in Beta. It is designed to help improve your boot-up time by telling you just what is going on during those few startup minutes.

After you install it and reboot your computer, it starts a timer going that you see in the lower left corner that tells you just how long your boot up sequence takes. After the boot is complete, it analyzes all the processes, then explains it to you.

The explanation comes in 3 sections…first the programs you can easily remove without any problems; second, the programs you can think about removing or delaying from the startup sequence; and finally those programs you can do nothing about.

Besides telling you what each program is from all three sections, it also tells you the actual time it takes for each program to load and in many cases, recommends what you should do. Then, you have the option of removing it from the boot sequence…or having it load later after booting is complete. This later option is unique to Soluto and makes the program a necessary addition to your computer.

You may have noticed that your computer boot time has gotten longer and longer since the day you brought your computer home. That is because all of us add new programs to our systems. Many of these new programs add additional items to your boot sequence without your knowledge, thereby increasing the boot time. Soluto puts you in the picture and lets you decide what you need and don’t need.

I used it on my three active computers and was able to shave a minimum of 30 seconds of my boot time. On my desktop, I actually knocked off a minute and a half, without losing any vital functionality. I love this program and heartily recommend you download it from their Web site. Also, there is a one minute and a four minute video you should watch to get a full explanation of the power of Soluto.

The good folks at Soluto call it, “Anti Frustration Software.” I agree that is exactly what it is! So download it today…I know you will thank me.

No comments: