Friday, March 04, 2011

More Info on the iPad 2

I normally don’t cover a new product with so much in-depth coverage, much less Apple products, but the iPad product line is such an overwhelming success and so many people are desirous of owning this new type of computing device that I thought I should make a little more info available to my readers. Even I am thinking about one for myself, but will probably wait for the next version.

The new Xoom tablet by Motorola, featuring Android 3.0, is also out and has received decent reviews so far, but it is only available through either Verizon or AT&T…no Wi-Fi like the iPad. Since I don’t feel like being ripped off by expensive cell phone rates, I have excluded the Xoom from my want-list. But as soon as a credible testing lab can test both products, I will publish the results here. The tablet market is growing in leaps and bounds, but is still in its infancy. So stay tuned. - JRC

iPad vs. iPad 2 - What's changed?

A lot of people are asking me for a rundown of the differences between the original iPad and the new iPad 2 unveiled yesterday. Here’s a quick rundown of what’s changed, and what hasn’t changed.

Five things the iPad 2 didn't get

There are five specific things Apple could have added but didn't. We're going to break down what they are and what impact they'd have on the product: They are good ones too, and makes me believe that iPad1 owners will not upgrade until the next iPad release.

Should you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1?

Everything I’ve seen since then suggests that there are no widespread issues with Service Pack 1. Microsoft representatives who have looked into the release have also confirmed for me that they are not seeing any indication of significant issues with the update on Windows 7.

The rise of the 99-cent Kindle e-book

I know what you're saying: that's great news. These publishers have been gouging us with ridiculous pricing for digital files that cost next to nothing to produce (in terms of material costs) and finally we're starting to see lots of deals out there. But it's a bit more complicated than that.

Wallpaper Downloader - Free

Wallpaper Downloader is an easy way to adorn your desktop with a multitude of changing images. Unlike some wallpaper applications, this one manages to supply a steady stream of high-quality, attractive photos. This isn't the type of program that we typically like to use ourselves, but we found ourselves enjoying Wallpaper Downloader quite a bit.

No comments: