Monday, June 13, 2011

No Hot News Today, But Good Info and Tips

5 Facebook privacy settings to check now

Facebook is the most popular place for connecting with friends and family online. You share photos, opinions and personal details from your daily life. You don't want this data to fall into the wrong hands. But if you don't set your privacy settings correctly, that's exactly what will happen.

8 Twitter Facts You May Not Know

Twitter is an enigma. It's a relatively simple publishing service built initially on the SMS backbone that has grown into something of a world-wide phenomenon. Over 300 million people around the world use it, and many millions of them live their lives out loud on the service. I'm a dedicated member and somewhat obsessive Tweeter. As such, I thought I knew and understood the service.

How a Computer Restarts

I really didn't know the exact process behind my system start-up. All I do know is that I get impatient waiting for it to happen. Now, however, I have a better idea of exactly what's going on when I hit the power-on button. The first thing I learned? My computer was never really truly off in the first place.

Your Digital Debris Is Haunting You

Poor Representative Anthony Weiner. He just learned a very tough lesson: Your online activities remain truly your own for only as long as they are still in your head and not in a digital form. What you do online counts. What you say in private matters, what you shared with others can be found. Every single action we take online leaves a trail of debris that could eventually pile up and then topple over on top of us.

This DTP Program for Windows Is Free

For those times when layout and presentation is more important than the text, you need a desktop publishing program (DTP) rather than a word processor. For example, when producing business cards, advertising flyers, brochures, letterheads and so on. All of which are well within the remit of a great Windows DTP suite called Spring Publisher.

No comments: