Thursday, November 24, 2005

Energy Hogs in your Home

Happy Thanksgiving from beautiful downtown Ephrata! Susan and I hope your Thanksgiving is a special one.

Because of the holiday, I will keep this entry short, but sweet. I came across an interesting article on CNET about how much electricity our electronic gadgets really use. As we enter the season when home electric bills start going up (especially here in Ephrata as we use electric heaters), I thought this article was very timely.

For instance, did you know that our TV's account for 4% of our nation's residential electrical usage? And that the new plasma TV's are huge power hogs! And did you know that most electric adapters that recharge our cell phones and laptops are incredibly inefficient, wasting as much or more electricity than they actually use?

Those are just a few of the interesting tidbits I found in this article. To read it, head over to the CNET web site.

No comments: