Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Free Group Software to Organize Your Family

I've recently come across an excellent free software package that you just might find very useful. The package, called "MediaBee," is an Internet-based organization program for multiple users that you can download for free for every computer used by your family, plus those you use at work, or anywhere else, for that matter.

MediaBee includes group calendaring, individual and group to-do lists, journaling, and address books. In addition, you can write e-mails directly from the software without opening your regular e-mail software, send text messages to cell phones, get the news and weather, TV schedules, and more.

This is true group software at its best. When you sign up, you list the people by their first names who are part of the group. Then each person loads the software on as many computers as they wish. Then, the data relating to them and the entire group shows up on their screen(s).

The data is kept on servers at MediaBee and is private. The software accesses the data with its own screens, not through a web browser as other similar programs do. You can switch between calendars and lists, plus all the other informational screens. Creating new entries is fairly simple, although different than any other software program that I have ever used. For this reason, it takes some getting used to, but once you figure it out (by following examples and doing the tutorials), you will fly right along.

I must say I am very impressed with the package, although I am not 100% sure I will change over from what I have. But, I might use both because of the convenience of the group scheduling. I almost never know in advance what Susan is up to, so this may help. We usually have to sit down every so often and compare schedules. Then I make the entries in my own scheduling program. This program makes it much easier, if the data is kept up-to-date.

As mentioned above, this program is for families, but it is just as easy to use it for a small business or club activities or for any group that wants to have calendaring and lists available for its members.

I suggest you head over to their website and read more about it. If you like what you see, you can download it from there.

They are at http://www.mediabee.com

No comments: