Friday, March 17, 2006

Revisiting Venice


One of my favorite places in the world is Venice, Italy. I think I believe I have been there now four times over the last several years and always look forward to going back. On my last trip, it rained heavily all day long, which was a disappointment as it was the first time that Susan got to visit this famed city.

Still we enjoyed ourselves and I managed to take many excellent photographs. Over the last couple of years, my digital paintings of Venice created from these photographs have sold very well. With that in mind, I decided pull out all my slides from the last trip to see if there were still some good images that I hadn't yet painted.

Low and behold, I found several excellent images. So I have spent the last few months creating new works of Venice to display in this year's upcoming art show season. I would like to share them with you, if you have the time, as I have put them up on my Web site.

There were enough new images that I split them into two categories: The first is just called "Venice" (as it has been for the last few years), but it does contain some brand new works never before seen.

The second section is called "The Grand Canal in the Rain" as it features images taken while traveling the Grand Canal of Venice from one end to the other. All ten works in this section are brand new.

If you have been to that wonderful city before, no doubt you will recognize many of the locations. If you have never been there, enjoy my images, then immediately contact your travel agent and book a flight to this amazing place. It is a magnificent city unlike any other place on this earth. Contrary to some popular misconceptions, the canals don't smell and I have never been there when it flooded, though it does sometimes. The people will treat you well, and the food is outstanding.

Enjoy!

No comments: