Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Nikon D40 DSLR

Yesterday, I wrote a lovely blog about the new Nikon D40 digital camera, the new low price leader in Single Lens Reflex cameras. I talked about it and its suggested retail price of $599.95, including the lens. When I posted it, something happened and it disappeared forever into the digital black hole of lost files. It is nowhere to be found. An hour of my life wasted.

Well, I am very much like General George Patton in that I hate to cover the same ground twice. So I will give you a quick summation and direct you to a web site with more information.

The D40 is Nikon's newest DSLR camera and is now the new low price leader in that category. If have a hankering to step up to better photography while not breaking your budget, I would look strongly at this camera. It will be available in stores and on-line in the first week of December.

To read more about it, head over to the Digital Photography Review Web site and read their in-depth preview report. This looks like a good one. Coincidentally, Nikon has also released a new low price flash unit (Speedlight), the SB-400.

OK, its time for me to push the "Publish" button. Let's hope you get to see this one.

No comments: