Thursday, December 29, 2005

A Preview of New Things to Come

It's almost that time of year. Its only about a week away.

No, I am not talking about the Rose Bowl, Super Bowl, or any other bowl, for that matter. No, I am talking about the biggest event in consumer technology...the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. The 2006 show will be held on January 5-8 in several locations including the huge Las Vegas Convention Center. Over 130,000 people are expected.

As I have written before, the merger of entertainment and consumer devices with the world of computers has made CES the biggest show of its kind, supplanting Comdex, and for that matter, putting the Comdex folks out of business. Over the years, I attended several Comdex shows in Las Vegas and always looked forward to it. But, I have never been to CES and wish I could do so.

We will have more info about the new products that will be shown this year when the show gets underway. But if you would like to have a preview of some of the expected products, head over to the PC Magazine web site and check out some of the neat new products (or as my wife calls it, "boys with their toys"). There are some great new goodies coming our way.

No comments: