Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Three New Sketches

I thought I would take a day off from technology (well partly anyway) and share with you three new artworks I recently completed.

I have had a life-long love of sketches and have built up a small collection of them over the years. It is only natural, then, that I should do a few sketches of my own now and then. Sketches come in various forms...pen and ink, pencil, colored pencils, chalk, and pastel chalk, just to name a few. My sketches, done digitally from my original photographs, combine some of these media (digitized) together to form a new style of sketch.

The three images presented here can be classified as sketches because of their appearance. The first one is of a small office located in Cannon Beach Oregon. The colors of all the pictures elements make this a rich image, and the US flag brings all the elements together. Here is the link:

http://www.corkrum.com/jim/office_cannon_beach.htm

The second image is of an outdoor stairway going up a hill to a small hotel overlooking the beach. Like the first image, it is located in Cannon Beach. The light and shadows give this image a sense of line and depth. Your eye naturally follows the stairway up towards the sky. The image is located at:

http://www.corkrum.com/jim/stairway.htm


The final picture is of St. Marks Church in Venice. It is one of the most famous churches in the western world and contains some of the worlds most magnificent treasures. But, the outside is less than colorful, especially on a rainy day when I took the original photograph. So, I left it mostly in black and white, with only a hint of color to give it a sense of greater depth. I like this image a lot. To see it, go to:

http://www.corkrum.com/jim/san_marco_sketch.htm

I hope you enjoy these sketches. I will have more for you in the near future.

No comments: