Friday, February 19, 2010

Free Giant 2010 Baseball Book

Critical Census Software Plagued by Glitches

The 2010 Census has already begun in remote areas, but the Census software system is nowhere near ready to handle paperwork and payroll data for the expected 500,000 Census takers. A government watchdog group says that if changes are not made to critical software systems, the Census risks ballooning costs, delays and inaccuracies.

Reports: Internet Attacks Traced to Chinese Schools

Computer security experts investigating Internet attacks on Google and other U.S. companies say computers at Chinese educational institutions may have been involved.

Three Ways to Manage Your Attention with Facebook

First, tune out Inane Updates: While games are huge on Facebook, I really don't care about my friends' gaming activity. I am not alone. "I don't care about your farm, or your fish, or your park, or your mafia" has attracted over five million fans. Thankfully, the New York Times today details how you can tune out say Farmville updates from friends...

Booking a Flight the Frugal Way

Booking a flight is a total mess. Travelocity and Expedia have been joined by Bing and Orbitz and Dohop and Vayama and CheapTickets and CheapOair and Kayak and SideStep and Mobissimo and and and … I could go on and list every single Web site out there, but I won’t. There are just too many. Instead, I’ll lead you through the steps I make when I’m booking a flight myself.

Free Book: Emerald Guide to Baseball 2010

Baseball season is rapidly approaching. If you are a fan, the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR) is pleased to to offer the Emerald Guide to Baseball 2010 as a free PDF to the world baseball community. I've downloaded it myself and it is fantastic. I will be printing out a page or two for every Spring Training game I attend here in Tucson. The book is $25 in print.

No comments: