Wednesday, February 10, 2010

More About Google’s New “Buzz”

Editor’s Note: Yesterday, Google announced its new Buzz program, an add-on for Gmail. Today I got an invitation to connect, and I did. I am not 100% sure I fully understand it, but am going to try and figure it all out. So far, I am following just two people, myself and one other person that Buzz picked up from my Google Reader account.  I seem to be getting both their Tweets and Friendfeeds. I will keep playing and see if its worth it. If you have a Gmail account and get an invite, why not join me and let me know what you think. JRC

Social Networking: Google Buzzes Social Networking Scene

Social networking is Gmail's next logical step, right? Early reactions are divided. Google Buzz "is just mission creep," argues consultant Simon Sinek. On the other hand, if Google does what it does best with this new networking tool -- organizing information -- it might create a competitive differentiator, says First Page Sage founder Evan Bailyn.

Rafe and Josh debate Google's Buzz

Google on Tuesday released Buzz (news), its Twitter competitor. Or is it a swipe at FriendFeed? The new platform has elements of both. It joins other Google communication tools inside the Gmail service, so you can't miss it if you're a Gmail user (if you haven't gotten the notice yet that your account is Buzz-enabled, just wait a few days). Should you use it? That depends on whether your network of friends is on board.

Google to test ultrafast broadband to the home

Google, never satisfied with the pace of change, plans a test that will provide 50,000 to 500,000 people with fiber-optic broadband Internet access with a network speed of a gigabit per second starting as soon as this year.

Malware hits all-time high in January

The amount of unique malware tracked by security vendor Fortinet, reached an all-time high in January. Its distinct malware volume soared to over 9,000 last month, more than twice that in December, the company said.

FotoSketcher 1.95 (Windows)

FotoSketcher turns digital photos into beautiful pencil sketches or paintings in seconds. Free

No comments: