Thursday, May 01, 2008

A New Blog

Just wanted you to know that I created a new blog called "Postcards" that is now up and running. It is something that I have wanted to do for a long time. I have included here the first entry for the blog to tell you what it is about. I would love to get your opinions on what I have done so far, so, if you have a minute, please click on the link and take a quick peek.

http://postcards.corkrum.com

If you would like to subscribe to it and get it in your e-mail postbox like many of you do now with "Rants and Raves," just drop me a quick e-mail at jcorkrum@corkrum.com and I will add you to the distribution list. Here is the first entry which tells you what the blog is about:

------------------------------------------------------------

With this entry, I begin a new blog called "Postcards." It is the blog I've wanted to do for some time. Simply put, it is a journal of my travels and my photographs. It is the story of where I am, where I have been, and, of course, where I am going....and it is about the pictures and images I create, which, of course, means its about me.

I call it Postcards because it will be like a postcard...a picture (or two) on one side, and a story on the back. Sometimes it will just be "The Picture of the Day", one of my pictures or paintings with a brief description or story about it. Other times, it will be what I call "Traveler's Tales"...more about the story than the pictures. For instance, an upcoming entry is entitled "Border Wars," and is about life right on top of the Arizona/Mexican border and the folks who try and stop the illegal aliens and drugs. It is the inside story as I experienced it, which you will never read in any newspaper of magazine.

I hope it will always be entertaining and informative. I think you will like the pictures...and I will try and give some insight into the mind of the artist who made them. Yes, I said made them, not take them. The true photographer/artist makes a picture...he doesn't take one.

Now, for those of you who read my tech blog, Rants and Raves, you know that I haven't written as much this year as years past...and you are probably asking yourself how I can possibly write a second blog. A good question...and, for that matter, one I continually ask myself. I am not sure I can do it, but it is something I must do. 2008 is a year of big changes for me and some things have been moved to the forefront while others got put on the back burner. Rants and Raves moved a little bit toward the back burner as these new changes unfold and take up more of my time. I will tell you more about them from time-to-time in Postcards.

I do love writing Rants and Raves and will keep it up as often as I can as I do spend a a good amount of time with computer technology and still follow it closely. It is still fun sharing my knowledge with you. Rants and Raves began about 10 years ago as a technology newsletter written to help promote my computer store business. It was and is very popular for many people. But, I have not had a computer business for 8 years.

Now I am a professional photographer and artist, a field that I actually started out in back in the 60's and drifted in and out for many year. For the last 10 years, it is back full time in my life and I think that it is what I was truly meant to do. So Postcards is really about my life now. I hope this makes sense. I want to share a part of my life with you, my interested readers, and with those members of my family and circle of friends, present and future, who may want to know a little more about me. Call it my memoirs.

No comments: