Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Great New Free Utility Program…and more

Why I love Windows 7, hate Linux, and think the Mac is lame

I am almost ready to agree with this ZDNet blogger. All last week, I used a MAC, and trust me, it ain't no big deal. I realize I am long-time Windows user, the MAC is nice, but I saw absolutely nothing to make me want to switch. In fact, much of what I saw made me want to stay where I am. And they can also keep Safari. I've tried to use Ubuntu and it is just way too complicated. When they make it as easy as a Mac or Windows, they might have a chance. As for Windows 7, I will let you know in a few days.

The Big Windows 7 Problem: XP Holdout

Microsoft hopes that the release of Windows 7 will solve problems ranging from desktop clutter to what Vista did to Microsoft's public reputation. But the toughest challenge may be to win over the group of people that arguably represent the software giant's biggest obstacle to success: Windows XP users.

How to Find the Right GPS - Reviews by PC Magazine

Are you still getting lost? Right, I know you never admit that you're lost, but in case you are, you may want to find a new GPS. Here's how to buy one and a selection of 13 good models to choose from.

Sudoku fans: Try these gnarly KenKen puzzles

Sudoku can get pretty tough. But if you're looking for fresh pastures, KenKen puzzles offer a new challenge.

Glary Utilities 2.10.0.622 (Windows), from Glaryutilities

Glary Utilities offers numerous powerful and easy-to-use system tools (including Glarysoft Registry Repair, which I recommended here and still use myself).  Now they have a whole utility package to fix, speed up, maintain and protect your PC. It allows you to clean common system junk files, as well as invalid registry entries and Internet traces. You can manage and delete browser add-ons, analyze disk space usage and find duplicate files…and even do encryption of files.

No comments: