Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas from Our House to Yours

Merry Christmas to all of you from beautiful downtown Ephrata. I still get requests to update our family's comings and goings, so I figure a Christmas Day letter is the best way to do it.

Aimee and her husband Brian are doing fine. They were here for Christmas Eve and we joined them at Brian's parents home in Moses Lake for Christmas Dinner. Aimee just got her grades for the fall quarter at Seattle Pacific University and nailed at 3.5 GPA. Needless to say, we are very proud of her. Although she is in her senior year, she won't get her teaching credential for another year.

Brian is just back from a 17 day road tour in Europe with the musical group M-Pact. Had a great time and it was a very successful tour for the guys. He will be off again for Japan soon and some gigs in the West. Later, another European tour is planned. At one show that they gave in Florence, Italy, there were thousands of people outside trying to get in a theater with 350 seats. They are well liked over there.

Kristen is home for a few days and is doing well. She is just back from a trip to Chicago and Tulsa, OK. She is living now in Seattle with Aimee and Brian while she figures out her next career move.

Eric was missing from our Christmas gathering of course, but he was home for two weeks on leave from Kuwait. I spent four days with him and his wife Kim up in Bellingham last week. It was sure great to see him and he looks good. He has been through a lot and should be home permanently in mid February.

He left early this last Monday for Kuwait and arrived safely. He called me Christmas Eve from Camp Dohah, which is on the Gulf. He was getting ready to leave for Camp Navstar up on the eastern Iraq/Kuwait border for his two week tour. While things are not nice over there, we are proud of him and all our soldiers. If I am grateful for anything this Christmas, it is that Eric is in Kuwait and not Iraq.

Susan is doing well also. She if on paid holiday for 10 days starting yesterday, so it will be nice to have here home with me. I am worried about some honey-do's she might have planned during her time off. Her health is good and no evidence of any returning cancer.

As for me, I am catching up on all the financial stuff for the year end and working on some new paintings. I was invited this week to hang some of my works in a gallery in downtown Vancouver, WA. They will hang as many as want as they like my work a great deal. I met these folks when I did the Labor Day Art Show in Vancouver.

I will also be exhibiting two new works in late January at the MAC Gallery Annual Invitational Show in Moses Lake. Hint...one is going to be the largest canvas work I have ever done. It is very gratifying to see the increased awareness for my work, and, of course, the resulting sales.

That should catch you up with our doin's. I hope you are as blessed as we are. Once again, Merry Christmas and a very happy and successful New Year from all our family to yours.


No comments: