Friday, December 03, 2004

More on the AT&T/Cingular Merger

In my small little corner of the world, AT&T has been a popular choice for cell phone users as it was one of the few providers willing to come to this area (see my bio). I personally found AT&T to be a good choice for my needs and their phone service quality was better than one other provider that I tried. I have also had good luck with their customer service, but I know that is not true with all AT&T users.

So, I must admit I was a little nervous when I heard about the merger, as I am a firm believer in the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." But, of course, AT&T was broke in terms of its balance sheet and we users have no voice in the company's operations.

That being the case, I was happy to find an article published on ZDNet today about what the merger means to users. If you are an AT&T/Cingular customer, you should read this informative story. Go to:

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/AnchorDesk/4520-7296_16-5584526.html?

No comments: